Strengthening the capacity and retooling Field Extension staff of MADDO in “Entrepreneurship, Technology Transfer and Gender in the Dairy Value Chain.”
- Dairy Value Chain
- Entrepreneurship and farm economics
- Training of Trainers
- Dairy farm management
- Herd improvement, health and fertility
- Participants will know and understand the dairy value chain in MADDO’s milk catchment area.
- Participants will be able to develop and operate an appropriate farm management system, including feed planning, pasture management and ratio formulation
- Participants will be to develop appropriate milk control systems form hygienic milk production and handling, collection, testing and processing. Critical control points will be identified.
- Participants will be equipped with training skills that will be used transfer knowledge to colleagues, community based trainers and dairy farmers
- Participants will be to offer technical guidance pertaining group formation and strengthening.